to the School District of Indian River County! We’re excited that you have chosen us for your child’s educational journey and we’re proud to have you become a part of our growing family!
If you are new to Indian River county you will need to complete an enrollment form at your zoned elementary, middle or high school during regular school hours. You can look up your zoned school by going to FIND MY SCHOOL. You will need the following information to enroll your child for school:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Social security number (optional)
- Proof of address (i.e. electric bill, cable bill, etc.)
If your child is an ESE student please bring a copy of the child’s IEP (Individual Education Plan). These documents are important to facilitate proper placement in a school or class.
If you are enrolling your child in a secondary school, please bring your child’s latest report card and FSA scores or achievement test results or any other testing and/or assessment you may have.
Admission Requirements for Physical, Immunizations and Emergency Information
Parents are responsible for providing immunization records, physical exam reports, and providing current emergency contact information to their school. Students must comply with physical and immunization requirements and parents/guardians are required to complete an Emergency Contact Information for School Health and Wellness form for each student being enrolled.
Please refer to the Health Services Department section of the District website.
Kindergarten, Out of Country Transfer, and First Time Enrollment from Home Schooling Students
To be completed PRIOR TO enrollment into school:
- School Health Exam must be “performed within 1 year prior to enrollment in school” per FL Statute 1003.22
- DOH 680 Immunization form showing proof of required immunizations for that student’s grade level.
K-12 Transfer Students from Schools Outside of Indian River County Public School District
Parent/Guardian and School Staff should arrange for records to be transferred from the student’s previous school. This information must be transferred within 30 school days after the date of enrollment with the following information:
- Student Health Exam (DOH Form 3040) must be “performed within 1 year PRIOR TO ENROLLMENT IN SCHOOL” per FL Statute 1003.22
- Immunization Record (DOH Form 680) showing required immunizations for the student’s grade level.
Students will be excluded from school if immunizations are not up to date, if physicals have expired or are incomplete and if records have not been submitted to the school no later than the 30th school day after transferring into Indian River County from another country.
Immediate Enrollment for Homeless Children and Youth
For Homeless Children and Youth
The District will provide services to homeless students that are comparable to other students in the District, including:
A. transportation services;
B. public preschool programs and other educational programs and services for which the homeless student meets eligibility criteria including:
1. programs for children with disabilities
2. programs for English learners (ELs) (i.e., students with Limited English Proficiency (LEP));
3. programs in career and technical education;
4. programs for gifted and talented students;
5. school nutrition programs; and
6. before - and after-school programs.
The District has an obligation to remove barriers to the enrollment and retention of homeless students. If a school other than the student’s school of origin is chosen on the basis of a best interest determination, the homeless student must be immediately enrolled, even if the student does not have the documentation typically necessary for enrollment, such as immunization and other required health records, proof of residency, proof of guardianship, birth certificate, or previous academic records. The homeless student must also be enrolled immediately regardless of whether the student missed application or enrollment deadlines during the period of homelessness, fails to meet uniform or dress code requirements, or has outstanding fines or fees. Please refer to Board Policy 5111.01.