Guidance Counselors are in the offfice from 6:45-2:45 daily. It is suggested that you make an appointment to ensure that your counselor is available.
Important Bright Futures Update
- ACT and SAT test scores increase: students may test in the spring, prior to graduation and no later than June 30, 2017 Students should be reminded to turn in any community service hours completed prior to January 31, 2017, for inclusion in the early evaluation and no later than graduation for inclusion in the final evaluation.
- Detailed information on the above may be found on the Bright Futures website under “FIRST-TIME APPLICANTS”
Important Deadlines Approaching
Local scholarships are ONLY available to VBHS students and will be availbable ONLY on Naviance. Applications will open 2/1/2017, most applications are due 3/15 http://connection.naviance.com/verobhs
- IRSC Dual Enrollment Registration .
- Dual Enrollment paperwork needing signatures may be dropped off in guidance and picked up the next day. Register early to get the courses you want. Summer registration is now open.
- Students interested in playing sports at the collegiate levels should speak to their guidance counselor, check out the new requirements and also visit www.eligibilitycenter.org.
- Dual Enrollment procedures and requirements have changed due to new legislation. All students must speak with a counselor to determine their eligibility.
- Please be advised that SAT and ACT have increased their security measures to ensure test security and fairness. Students will now be required to upload their picture during the registration process. Students should check sat.org and actstudent.org for more information.
- For a comprehensive list of resources available to Indian River County students and their families visit: Project 10 Indian River District Resources