IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Students residing within a two-mile radius of the school they attend are not eligible for transportation.
- Bus transportation is not provided to the location of babysitters, day care facilities, work or to a friend’s home.
- Students are expected to be at the designated bus stop location at least 5-7 minutes prior to the AM scheduled bus arrival time. In accordance with Florida Statutes, parents must arrange for supervision at bus stop locations for PK/K/1st grade students.
- Students are to respect the property of others and maintain good behavior while at bus stop locations. If misbehavior occur at bus stop location, consequences will be assigned per the Student Positive Climate Code of Conduct.
- Requests for stop changes or additions must be requested through the routing department and approved by the Director of Transportation.
- Registration forms will be distributed to students during the 1st week of school. It is mandatory that parents complete all required information including emergency contact information and return asap, so in the event we need to contact you, we can do so. In the event the bus registration is not returned; the student will lose the privilege of riding the bus until the form is submitted.
F.E.F.P.-School Bus Funding Survey Periods will occur in the following months:
- Survey 2- October 9th – 13th
- Survey 3- February 5th – 9th
- The School District receives state funding for transporting students who reside 2 or more miles from their assigned school or lives in a hazardous walking area. To insure adequate funding (money to support providing transportation to your student) please be sure your child/ren ride the bus at least once during these designated FEFP survey periods.
- Open enrolment students (attending a school other than zoned school) are not eligible for school bus transportation.
ALL PRE-K/K/1ST GRADE PARENT/GUARDIAN INFO
Please purchase and place a bookbag tag with your student’s full name, physical address, bus route number, grade level and school name. This helps transportation professionals to make sure students of this young age are getting off at the proper stop location. Without proper identification, it is difficult for bus operators/attendants to assist. It is the parents’ responsibility to arrange for supervision at 5-7 minutes prior to bus stop during AM/PM stop times. Failure to do so, will cause the driver to have to return to your stop beyond dropping all other students at their stop locations. At the 3rd occurrence of no supervision at stop location, the Department of Children Family Services will be contacted and informed on violation to this policy.
ALL PARENTS/GUARDIAN INFO
For the first ten days of school, until route times are firmly established, please have your student to the bus stop location at least ten minutes prior to scheduled pickup times. Please be aware as bus ridership increases/decreases, bus stop AM/PM times are subject to change.
During the school year buses may be delayed due to a substitute driver being assigned, mechanical failures, road detours, train stalled on track or rainy weather may occur at any time causing your child’s bus to run late. Our first concern is always the safety and well-being of our students. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
EARLY DISMISSAL DAYS & ACE/SRHS IB PROGRAM TRANSPORTATION INFO
Students attending the Alternative Center for Education (ACE) or the Sebastian River High School International Baccalaureate Program, please contact your school for transportation assignments.
Parents are reminded that there will be one early release day each month, August through May. These early release days are in addition to the early release schedule in place during semester exam days. Please check the instructional calendar or with school representatives for the early release days designated each month.