Start: 8:45, Tardy: 8:50, Dismissal: 3:20
Osceola is a Science and Math Magnet School. Students are accepted to Osceola through a district lottery. Once a parent is called for acceptance and the student is enrolled, the family makes a commitment to volunteer for 10 hours during the school year. These hours must be documented before the last month of school. It is important to complete these hours because families who do not fulfill this obligation will be returned to their home school for the following year.
At Osceola Magnet School We Believe:
- That a family and school partnership is essential in the learning process.
- That children learn best through an integrated curriculum.
- That learning is a process not a product.
- That each child learns best by doing developmentally appropriate activities.
- That education fosters, encourages, and nurtures creativity.
- That each student is the central focus of all efforts.
- In providing a safe and supportive environment that enhances self esteem.
- That learning is fun, enriching and stimulating.
- Through the exploration of mathematics, science, and technology children will be better able to meet the challenge of the future.