Thank you for your interest in becoming a Substitute Teacher with Indian River County Schools!
The following information is being provided to assist you in completing the requirements to become a substitute teacher for Indian River County Schools.
SUBSTITUTE EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
Before you consider becoming a substitute for Indian River County Schools,
it is required that you meet the following qualifications. NO Exceptions will be made:
- Minimum Educational Requirement – Passing Para-Pro Test/ Majoring in Education or equivalent
- An Associate’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university with a grade point average of 2.5 and above.
- Complete required employment paperwork
- Complete online training & testing - if required
- Pass required pre-employment screenings (Workplace Screening & Security Clearance)
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Internet access
- Be physically able to perform the duties of a substitute teacher
- Adequate and reliable transportation
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force as needed to move objects.
- Availability to work Monday through Friday in all grade levels and subjects
Please read the employment questions below to help you determine your qualifications.
Then follow the instructions for the path that applies to you in order to complete your substitute packet.
*IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN PERMANENTLY EXCLUDED AS A SUBSTITUTE BY INDIAN RIVER COUNTY SCHOOLS, YOU MAY NOT APPLY - NO EXCEPTIONS
*If you have concerns regarding your acceptance as a SDIRC Substitute, please contact (772) 564-3048, BEFORE you begin the process.
|CHOOSE YOUR PATH TO BECOME A SDIRC SUBSTITUTE|
Long Term Substitute Teachers, 21 days or more. Must have a Professional Certificate or Temporary Certificate.
Information, steps, & forms for those who hold a current teaching certificate:
Daily Substitute Teachers, not to exceed 20 days. Must have a District Certificate, Professional Certificate, or Temporary Certificate.
Information, steps, & forms for who do not hold a current teaching certificate:
ESE Teacher Assistant. Must have passed the Para Pro test, AA/AS degree, or 60 or more college credit hours (not vocational).
Information, steps, & forms for who would like to apply for this position: