General Information about the pre-IB/AP Program
- The pre-IB/AP program was developed to assist 9th and 10th grade students in their preparation for the rigors of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (11-12th grades), AP classes (10-12th grades), combination of IB/AP coursework in 11-12th grades), or Dual Enrollment (11-12th grades).
- Students in grades 9 and 10 take required courses (English, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Foreign Language) which provide enriched learning environments. Some students will also enroll in AP Human Geography in the freshman year. Furthermore, students choose various elective courses such as band, choir, NJROTC, P.E., art, etc.
- Students learn to think critically and develop analytical skills that will prepare them for post-secondary education.
- Students learn how to conduct independent research and write a major term paper.
- Students are encouraged to be well-rounded and appreciate the importance of extra-curricular activities and community service.
Online Pre-IB Application (for current 8th graders)
Online Pre-IB Application (for current 9th graders)
Band, Choir, NJROTC
Many of our pre-IB/AP students enroll in Band, Choir, and NJROTC. There is room in each student’s schedule to participate in any one of these three programs.