Media Center Hours: 7:35am - 3:00pm
Are you looking for exciting books to engage your mind and expand your horizons? Be sure to check out our new Sunshine State Young Reader Award books for Middle Schoolers.
Storm Grove Summer Reading Challenge
Students who participate in Storm Grove’s summer reading challenge will be invited to attend a field trip where we celebrate their success in the early Fall. Here is how to participate:
- Read 3 books – 1 must be from the Sunshine State 2017 List and the other two can come from the Scholastic Book List or another middle school reading level appropriate book.
- Choose ONE activity for EACH book and complete:
- Link to a 30 second book talk created by the student and posted to an online site like You tube or Vimeo. A book talk is a two minute or less video of you giving reasons why someone should read the book without giving too much of the plot away. NO SPOILERS
- Create a poster (on 8x11 sheet of paper) advertising the book. Be sure to include information that would make another student want to read the book.
- Create a Story Mapfor your book. Example form for a story book is located on school website under MEDIA CENTER and can be downloaded there.
- Look forward to your invitation to the summer reading celebration!
Indian River County’s Public Library has a variety of fun summer programs for teens, as well as an awesome collection of print and digital books. Their services are FREE and a great resource. They should also have each title of the Sunshine State books.
Check out their locations and hours here: irclibrary.org.