Maintaining a safe and secure learning and work environment is a priority for the School District of Indian River County. It is our policy that students and staff report all unsafe conditions immediately and not to perform any tasks or activities that might be considered unsafe. All accidents, injuries, and unsafe conditions must be reported immediately to school administrators or supervisors; a report should also be submitted to the office of Human Resources.
Safety and environmental program activities, which include but are not limited to:
- Providing safety and environmental support and training.
- Promoting Safety Committee participation
- Reviewing and updating safety policies and rules
- Conducting safety and sanitation school and facility inspections.
- Interfacing with other county, state and federal agencies to assure safe schools.