|Start Date||Open Enrollment Application Window|
|08-January-2019||November 1, 2018 – December 21, 2018|
|Application due by 11:59 p.m.|
Virtual Instruction – Virtual instruction is defined as instruction provided in an interactive learning environment created through technology in which the student and teacher are separated by time, space or both. Students residing within Indian River County have several choices for participating in virtual education programs.
Indian River Virtual School Full Time
The School District of Indian River County offers all students Full Time Virtual Instruction through a choice of providers.
All Virtual Instruction Programs utilize instructors that are highly qualified by the Florida Department of Education.
Eligibility - F.S. 1002.455 Student eligibility for K-12 virtual instruction.
All students, including home education and private school students, are eligible to participate in any of the following virtual instruction options:
- School district operated part-time or full-time kindergarten through grade 12 virtual instruction programs under s. 1002.45(1)(b).
- Full-time virtual charter school instruction authorized under s. 1002.33 to students within the school district or to students in other school districts throughout the state pursuant to s. 1002.31.
- Virtual courses offered in the course code directory to students within the school district or to students in other school districts throughout the state pursuant to s. 1003.498.
Participation [F.S. 1002.45 (6)] - Each student enrolled in a virtual instruction program or virtual charter school must:
- Comply with the compulsory attendance requirements of s. 1003.21. Student attendance must be verified by the school district.
- Take state assessment tests within the school district in which such student resides, which must provide the student with access to the district’s testing facilities.
Process for enrolling into Virtual Instructional Program
- Call (772) 564-3100 and schedule an appointment about enrolling into Indian River Virtual Instructional Program.