All job vacancies with The School District of Indian River County, as well as any documentation needed for employment, are posted on this website and the vacancies are updated as needed. When a vacancy occurs, the position will be posted at least five working days. When there is a vacancy that is of interest, you may review the applicable job description and salary schedule under the Human Resources Quick Links. We invite external candidates, as well as our existing employees, to explore the job opportunities and benefits of working in our school district.
The School District of Indian River County now utilizes an online applicant tracking system for all positions, including on-call substitutes. The following procedures will be followed for all applications:
- All applications must be submitted online. Individuals seeking employment must complete an application form with basic information through an internet connection.
- Supporting documents such as unofficial transcripts, high school diploma, reference letter(s), certifications, resumes, and ParaPro Assessment Test results (applies to paraprofessional applicants only), should be uploaded by applicants to their application. If an applicant is offered a position with the District, official transcripts will still be required and can be mailed or hand-carried to the Human Resources Department. The result is a comprehensive package of applicant information that is visible to Principals, Department Heads, and other hiring officials via an internet connection.
- An employment application must be on file for an applicant to be considered for a position.
- Applications will remain active for one year. If you wish to keep your application active after the first year, you will need to update your online application on an annual basis. You may access your original online application to update information, job preferences and supporting documents.
- Applications are subject to screening by the hiring authority and only the best qualified may be interviewed.
If you need assistance during the application process or require an accommodation, please call the Human Resources Department at (772) 564-3098, 3178, or 3062. We look forward to working with you as you seek employment with the Indian River County School District.
The School District reserves the right to fill position vacancies through internal selection or transfer.