The Professional Development Director, as the person responsible for professional development in the district, has established a process to document offerings and to ensure that all elements are in place for successful training. The process is as follows:
1. At least two weeks before an event, the person responsible for any training for which inservice points may be granted submits a Workshop Approval form to the Professional Development office. The information requested on this form includes a description of the training, specific objectives, a description of the activities involved, follow-up requirements, and evaluation strategies that will be used, as well as such logistical information as date, time and location.
Complete this form online, Save As, and email new document to Professional Development. Form can also be printed out and mailed through the courier.
2. If the information on the form indicates that the offering conforms to Florida’s Professional Development Evaluation Protocol, the Director of Professional Development approves the event. If not, the form is returned for clarification.
3. Once approved, the offering is entered into the Workshop Registration System, where participants can register to attend.
4. Events may be publicized through email, by Professional Development Council representatives, on the Professional Development web page, and through the Professional Development newsletter.
5. Three days prior to the event, registration is closed and the official roster required to document attendance is generated and made available for pickup.
6. Upon completion of the professional development event, including follow-up activities, the facilitator totals the hours and returns the official roster to the Professional Development Office.
7. In the event that this procedure is not followed, each individual participant will be required to submit an Inservice Credit Request along with proper documentation in order to receive inservice points.
8. Rosters should be turned in during the school year in which the activity took place.